Monday, January 19, 2009

nested parentheses

Things are happening that I shan't go into. It occurs to me, though, that an important task in life involves sorting out the forever people from the people you let go. They are all important, and their lives are all equally meaningful and rich and deep. And even the phrase "let go" isn't right nor fair. Those people might remain in your life as well. The best way I can express it is with a math metaphor. I apologize. But it's like nested parentheses in an equation. Inner parens have the smallest context, and are evaluated first, whilst outer parens, well, they wait a little longer but have the widest context. The metaphorical outer parens, they're the keepers, and they'll be with you forever.

I guess I find myself realizing the some of the parens I had thought were more outer might end up being more inner, and vice versa.

Here's a song.

No comments: